Designing Your Move
Transitioning Staging Your Home Portfolio
These days the average person moves 13 times during his or her lifetime and a family relocates every five years. That’s a lot of boxes and packing tape. Not to mention a lot of stress!
This reality causes a feeling of tentativeness and diminishes a family's sense of contentment. Designing Life understands this and works with you to keep life simple and balanced during your move. We help streamline the transition by offering services ranging from preparing your home for market to handing over your keys to the new owners. Designing Life does the heavy lifting so you can take care of the people you love.
Designing Life offers a variety of services that help you move on with your life:
- Full-service Transitioning - Planning your move begins with Designing Life doing a walk-through of your house and property in order to assess and recommend interior and exterior enhancements that will increase the appeal of your home and get you a top- dollar price. A recommendation report is written up with specific details of how improvements can be made and included is a list of reliable moving companies, handyman services, landscapers, and painters. Designing Life creates a customized plan of procedures and schedules to follow for packing, hiring movers, making necessary home improvements, holding garage sales, planning your good-bye party, shutting off utilities, and gathering information about your new neighborhood. If needed, Designing life is available to be on-site moving day to supervise and ensure efficiency in loading the trailer and resolving any issues that may arise.
- Helping Hand - Designing Life provides a mother's helper to give hands-on assistance with packing the home prior to moving day, so that the disruption to family life is minimal. In addition, moving tips and packing short cuts are offered to the do-it-yourself movers, along with a “move-out” timeline that helps to ensure deadlines are met and order is maintained.
Staging Your Home
Designing Life understands what it takes to sell a home in today's market. With many homes available to buyers these days, your house needs to appeal to the greatest number of buyers. Designing Life helps transform your property into a stunning, welcoming residence that has prospective buyers feeling “at home”. An objective, unbiased look at the general flow, feel, and upkeep of your property is assessed and the masterful skills of the Designing Life team create a buzz of inviting appeal.
Designing Life offers various staging services to help get your home sold:
- Vacant Home Staging - Designing Life transforms a vacant home into a stunning, marketable residence by furnishing your home with well-appointed and well-placed furniture and accessories that appeal to the broadest clientele. Our design team stages with style and beauty- so that each home reflects refined taste and the most spacious layout. Attention to wall colors, flooring, window treatments, kitchen and bath fixtures are included in Designing Life's interior staging service, as well as a weekly cleaning service to keep your residence fresh and inviting. Landscaping and handyman resources are also available.
- Occupied Home Staging - Designing Life masterfully updates and readies your occupied home for market by combining our professional eye with your personal furnishings and accessories. Furniture placement and redesigned room layouts breathe new life into your interior spaces so that prospective buyers see your home at its absolute best. Wall colors, de-cluttering, updating of fixtures, counters, and finishes are included, as well as a weekly maintenance schedule to help you keep your home in good order while it's on the market.
- Homeowner Staging - Designing Life offers a comprehensive room-by-room analysis that includes photos and a detailed written report outlining what improvements need to be made by the homeowner before the dwelling goes on the market. Landscaping and the home's facade are included in the assessment. Homeowners take charge of making the recommended improvements. A list of services to help ready your house for market is provided.
- De-Cluttering - Designing Life offers assistance with the first phase of the home staging process: de-cluttering. Organizing, discarding, donating, recycling, selling, and packing certain items of value can be time consuming and a bit overwhelming. Designing Life helps you calmly face this challenge and methodically moves you from clutter and chaos to decisiveness and practicality. Order is a beautiful thing, and it helps make transitioning easier.